The Information we collect and what we use Your Information for
We may collect data, including personal data, about you as you in a variety of ways including;
- Upon the creation of an account
- Using our applications
- Using our support channels
- When you enter your payment processing information
- Information Received from Third Parties
- Marketing Information
When we collect your personal data in the capacity of a data controller, we will only process your data providing we have a lawful basis to do so. The lawful basis we can rely upon include;
- Performance of a contract
- Legal obligation
- Vital interests
- Public task
- Legitimate Interests
Where personal data is processed because it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, we will be unable to provide our services without the required information.
Where we collect and processes your special category personal data, we will only do so where we have a valid lawful basis to do so, as well as an additional lawful basis for processing that satisfies the requirements of Article 9 UK GDPR and, where applicable, the relevant conditions contained within the Data Protection Act 2018.
The lawful basis we rely upon for processing your personal data and more detail about the purposes of processing can be found below.
Creation of Account
When you create an account with us, we may request your full name, phone number, email address, contact address and job title to create an account for you. You warrant that you have the authority to provide us with the information you submit to us through this Service. When submitting any of Your Information, we advise that you put in the correct details of your information as any inaccurate information you submit to us might limit your ability to use our Service or may affect our ability to contact you. When you notice that the information you submit to us is inaccurate, kindly contact us Support@seamfix.care to guide you on how to rectify your data. We process this data for the performance of a contract we have with you.
Where this personal data is not required for the performance of a contract we have with you, we may provide the functionality to provide additional information to enhance your account. Where you choose to provide us with this personal data, we do so on the basis of your consent.
Use of our applications
Where Seamfix is acting as a data controller and you use one of our applications, we may require personal data from you in order to provide our service. For example, we may require a photograph and a copy of any appropriate certificates and licences. Where we process this personal data, we do so on the basis of the performance of a contract we have with you.
In certain circumstances, where we process your special category personal data on our applications, we may ask for your explicit consent in order to conduct certain processing such as for the verification of your identity and the provision of any medical records or documentation.
We collect your personal data when you contact us with inquiries (including by filling out relevant forms on our Service), through our chat box on the Site, respond to one of our surveys, contact our customer success support regarding a problem you are experiencing with the Service, or otherwise contact us regarding the Service. When we do so, we rely on the lawful basis of legitimate interests.
Payment Processing Information
To enable us fulfil your orders, we collect payment and billing information such as debit/credit card number or your bank account number and a billing representative name and contact information when you register for our Service. We may also receive your financial information (for example, your name, the amount paid and the date of payment) from our third party payment gateway through which we receive payment for the Service. When we do so, we rely on the lawful basis of the performance of a contract.
If you sign-up for a free trial account, you are not required to enter your debit/credit card information unless and until you decide to continue with a paid subscription to the Services.
Information Received From Third Parties
We may obtain personal data about you from our authorised resellers, for example, if you purchase access to the Services through one of these partners. The personal data we may receive include business contact information, including, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers. When we collect this information, we will only use it for the purposes communicated to you and where we have a valid lawful basis to do so.
We may collect your information (such as your name, email address, or other information) if you access any of our social media platforms or when you participate in our webinars or events.
We collect and display personal testimonials of satisfied customers and users on the Site in addition to other endorsements. We may post your testimonial, along with your name, on the Site. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at Support@seamfix.care
We may also use your personal details to identify products and services which may be of interest to you, send you newsletters and roadmaps for this service and other notifications which enable you to enjoy better Service from us. Depending on the type of marketing we carry out, we will rely on either our legitimate interests, your consent or use of the soft opt-in.
You can withdraw your consent or object to receiving marketing material by clicking the unsubscribe link on these messages. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to exercise these rights.
What we do with your information.
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with access to the Service
- To create, operate and maintain your account.
- To identify you as a User when you sign in.
- To seek your participation in surveys, and to conduct and analyse the results of those surveys if you choose to participate
- To provide you with support
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted
- To prevent or take action against activities that are, or maybe, in breach of our Terms of service or applicable law
- For identification and verification purposes
- For marketing, sales and promotional activities
- For product development, to build higher quality and more useful services
- For security purposes and other purposes stated in these policies
- For automated decision making
We also collect your information to update or rectify your account.
Our Terms of Service prohibit use of the Service by any individual below the age of 16 years and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children/minors.
If you are a parent or guardian and you believe your child is using the Service, please contact us immediately so that we can delete their personal data from our systems.
If we become aware that we have collected personal data from a child/minor, we will take immediate steps to delete their personal data.
Confidential /Disclosure of Information
The information you provide us will be kept confidential and we shall only disclose such information in accordance with the following;
- Legal Disclosure. Your information may be disclosed to a court or governmental authority to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes, to establish or exercise our legal rights, to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities, to protect our property; to protect other users, to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law.
- Transfer. We also reserve the right to disclose and, where appropriate, transfer your information in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business to a different owner.
Provision of Security
We have put in place the necessary technical and administrative security measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful access to or accidental loss of or destruction or damage to Your Information. To ensure the safety of Your Information, we have secured our web services to run within a virtual private connection and an SSL certificate to make sure that all communications are made over HTTPS/SSL, SFTP using TLS 1.2. The Site is Role-based Access Control (RBAC). Also, Your Passwords are also hashed in the database. All your key information is properly encrypted and secured. However, we do not guarantee 100% security.
Rights to Your Information
As a User, you have certain rights/control over the information you submit to us. You have the right;
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “Subject Access Request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request rectification of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data. Where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. If you object to us using your personal data for marketing purposes we will stop sending you marketing material.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party (data portability).
- Automated decision-making. You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing which will significantly affect you.
- Right to withdraw consent. In the circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the processing of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process Your Information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we are permitted by law.
Please note that some of these rights are not absolute and are subject to various conditions under applicable data protection and privacy legislation and the laws and regulations to which we are subject.
In addition to the above, please note that you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office or your supervisory authority if you are concerned about the way in which we are handling your personal data.
How to exercise your rights
If you wish to exercise your rights, please email Support@seamfix.care
When you make a request you may need to provide us with any necessary information we ask you to confirm your identity. However, we reserve the right to charge you or refuse your request where we notice that your request is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
When we collect your personal data, it may be processed outside the UK. We have taken appropriate steps to ensure that the personal data processed outside the UK has an essentially equivalent level of protection as it has within the UK. We do this by ensuring that:
- Your personal data is only processed in a country which the UK government has confirmed has an adequate level of protection; or
- We enter into Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) with the providers and ensure that supplementary measures are also applied, where necessary.
To provide you with these services we engage qualified third parties that assist us with different services. For example, we use Amazon and AWS for cloud hosting and storage services.
Retention of Your Information
Your Information will be kept online for you to access it easily and will be stored for as long as the purposes for which they were collected apply and for a reasonable period thereafter, to enable us to meet our contractual and legal obligations and to deal with complaints and claims.
We update this privacy notice from time to time in response to changes in applicable laws and regulations, to our processing practices and to the products and services we offer. When changes are made, we will update the date at the top of this document. Please review this privacy notice periodically to check for updates.
For any privacy-related questions or concerns please contact us at Support@seamfix.care
Phone number: +44 77 5623 8056
Or visit us at:
Arena Business Centre, 100 Berkshire Place, Wharfedale Road, Winnersh, RG41 5RD
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com